How easily do Macbooks screens get scratched?

OP
E
Reaction score
I noticed something on the screen and tried to get it off with my finger and my nail scratched it a little. This wouldn't leave a scratch on the screen would it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
If you scratch too hard, it could be permanent, but I've had to lightly dig specks of crud off the screen with no damage to it. Always best to use a cleaning kit. The User Guide has some instructions for properly cleaning the screen and case.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thank you. I found out that i should use the cleaning cloth that my Macbook came with to clean the screen. How much water should i put on the cloth?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Just make it a tiny bit damp. The aluminum macbook has a glass screen though btw, so you won't need to worry too much about scratching it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You're not going to be able to scratch your glass screen with your fingernail, unless your fingernails happen to be made of glass themselves ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.