Cloning a Boot drive from 1 internal HD to another

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Pro: 2.66 Ghz, 2GB RAM, 23" HD Cenima Display
Hello all, I did a search, but didn't see this specifically talked about. (Perhaps I missed it. I also wasn't too sure if this belonged in the hardware or software forum. Hope this is the right spot)

I have a 2.66 quad core Mac Pro with a 160 HD. I added a SeaGate 750 HD and just recently a SeaGate 1.5 TB HD. I have copied all the data from the 750 to the 1.5 TB and now I'd like to clone the 160 to the 750 using SuperDuper to make the 750 my new Boot drive.

My question is, can I do this with both of them being internal drives? If I do, once the clone is done, I'll have two drives running OS X until I can shut it down and remove the 160. Will this screw anything up? I've never done a HD clone before (swapping a boot drive to a larger capacity boot drive) so I'm not sure. Most stuff I've read online talks about doing it on a laptop so making one drive external is a must. I just thought it'd be good to ask before I just try it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.