Eject Problem with MacBook Unibody (not what you'd expect)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
::24" 2.8ghz iMac w/ nVidia 8800GS::2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook::
My Unibody MacBook (2.4ghz) is doing something really weird. The eject icon randomly pops up on the screen. Sometimes it will make the noise as if it's trying to eject a disk from the superdrive and sometimes it doesn't. What's going on!

Another problem I have which may be related is when I close the lid to have it go to sleep the Apple logo on the back of the LCD will randomly flash while it makes the eject noise from the superdrive. I have NO clue what is going on and with my luck, when I take it to the apple store it won't do it anymore.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bump, Has anyone experienced this or am I the lone ranger?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try resetting the System Management Controller (SMC). See the following Apple KB article to learn how: Link

If that doesn't work, take it back to your local Apple Store and ask them to trouble shoot the machine again.

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the help...seems like it did the trick. If it happens again I'll let you all know

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15" 1.5 GHz, eMac G4 .25 GHz
Try resetting the System Management Controller (SMC). See the following Apple KB article to learn how: Link

If that doesn't work, take it back to your local Apple Store and ask them to trouble shoot the machine again.

Regards.

Is there a similar procedure for a PowerBook G4? Mine ejects any disc inserted without reading it, regardless of the type of disc. And the PB won't recognize my external USB hard drive, but my eMac will.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I reset the SMC. It worked for a day, but started doing it again. I guess I'm going to the Apple Store

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.