Windows doesnt recognize drivers from mac os cd!!

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been trying to install windows xp sp 2 on my 15" unibody mac book pro. i followed all the instructions (several times cause ive tried it more than once) i have inserted the mac os x cd to get the drivers, they install "successfully", but then when I go to the device manager to make sure all my drivers are there, under other devices several drivers are missing, including my wireless driver, and ethernet driver. I 've tried installing/repairing them again by downloading bootcamp's 2.1 driver upgrade but nothing seems to work.

this is the list of drivers missing:

bluetooth usb host controller
built in isight
coprecessor
ethernet controller
network controller
sm bus controller
video controller (vga compatible)

my specs

15 " mac book pro
2.4 intel core 2 duo
mac os x 10.5.7
nvidea geforce 9400 m

thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What kind of XP SP2 disk are you using to install XP? Only a MS boxed full install SP2 or 3, and OEM system builder's full install of SP2 or 3 will work.

Any others will either not work, or install and then fail to work. It almost sounds like your problem is the latter. It installed but will not take the driver updates. (Assuming you're using the original Leopard install DVD 1 to install drivers.)

Post back and we can go from there.

Regards.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
First off, you can't use other people's copies of Windows. That's not legal - that is essentially distribution of Windows.

What kind of CD did you use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Make sure it's a 32-bit version of Windows, otherwise the drivers will not work at all; Boot camp doesn't support 64-bit versions of Windows, I think.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.