having some issues... thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
So, I'm having a few issues with my iBook G4. Any thoughts that you have about fixing theses issues would be much appreciated.
My biggest issue with it is it isn't charging. I'm only getting a green light around the adapter, and at the same time flickers between battery power and ac power. I can't get it to charge though.
Also sometimes my screen goes almost out. its like its sleeping, because I can still hear anything I have playing, but I can barely see anything. Only outlines.
And, sometimes it will just shut down completly. For seemingly no reason. I wonder if its overheating, because it seems to happen most if I'm watching shows or movies on vlc.
So yeah, these are my issues. If you have any possible fixes for me I would really appreciate it. If I can avoid taking it in, or sending it away, I would really prefer that. And hey, if anyone has a keyboard for a 14", and want someone to take it off your hands, I'd be happy to. I'm working off a plug-in keyboard and although its not a major issue, replacing the keyboard would make things much more convienient.

Thanks in Advance
PinkStars

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
What spec iBook is it? This could be a logic board failure, and it sounds like the battery is on it's last legs.
Do the fans still kick in when it gets hot? I've had one iBook where the fans packed up and it caused a lot of similar problems.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
As far às I can tell the fan is coming on. How can I clean it? That was the problem with my hp notebook, so if I can clean then fan out, hopefully that will help. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Hmm. Not easy, it means taking it apart to clean the fan, it's located at the back by the hinge. Not sure it will help if it's coming on anyway, the fans are pretty well protected from dust.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
hmm, i see, well thanks for your thoughts. Much appreciated. I'm thinkin I'll have to take it in somewhere.
Thanks again for your replies :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.