Macbook Aluminum 13 inches

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina Macbook Pro 2014 model, 2.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB Ram and 256 GB SSD
I wanted to ask you guys that how is the Ram installed in this model of the mac and I'm talking about the 2 Ghz one without the illuminated keyboard? I have a RAM of 2 Gb and it shows two different cards of 1 GB each. Is it the same way or is it a card of one which is of 2 GB? I got it from an authorized reseller here in Pakistan and as I didn't want to get directly from apple in a way thats why I wanted to be sure of that. In case if I wish to upgrade my memory to 4 GB, that means that I would be needing two 2 GB cards then or is there only one 4 GB card available?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Apple install 2GB of RAM in their machines by inserting 2 x 1GB modules. As long as the re-seller hasn't changed anything, this will be the configuration at the moment.

If you want 4GB of RAM, you need to buy 2 x 2GB sticks.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina Macbook Pro 2014 model, 2.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB Ram and 256 GB SSD
Oh yeah well thats how it is in my macbook. Just wanted to confirm. For the time being, I think 2 GB is enough for me :)
Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.