Macbook Pro 13" Heat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" Unibody
Just wondering if anyone has noticed the new Macbook Pro 13" getting a little warmer than the original unibody 13" macbook. It seems its getting hot on the top left corner and also on the bottom. Please let me know. Thanks :(

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got the new mbp 13', I'm asking myself the same question, it's get warm on the left of the palmrest and besides the plug thing...

Too bad it's just the place where I put my hand :(
I'm looking for solution to reduce the heat, just tried smcfancontrol, not so bad but not perfect.

I would be happy to try a macbook for one day just to test...

bye

Reaction score
MacBook 11' with extra heat

My MacBook also started to get so warm that sometimes it literally burns my hand if I hold the hindge part. I dont think it was this way all the time. Bottom left near the plug socket gets so heated. And what are the 5 lights in a row on the battery sometimes they blink green, can they be associated with this heat issue?

Reaction score
I bought and returned the original unibody 13 inch. I came back to buy the new one two days ago and heat was really the only issue and the first thing I noticed. It gets wayyyyyyy hotter than the original unibody.

Dont think its gonna be a problem. I'm looking to buy this: http://www.thermapak.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)
I bought and returned the original unibody 13 inch. I came back to buy the new one two days ago and heat was really the only issue and the first thing I noticed. It gets wayyyyyyy hotter than the original unibody.

Dont think its gonna be a problem. I'm looking to buy this: Laptop Cooling Bags and Pads | ThermaPAK.com
So you basically returned your specimen of the best MacBook ever made... for a prototype MacBook Pro?

enjoy the firewire :D

Reaction score
Darn, mine has been running cool. I have the 13in MBP and the only time it gets warm is when the batter is really low and I plug it in to charge. Once it's at 95% it's cooler. Never hot to the touch just warm.

Reaction score
My iMac burns like anything if you touch it after playing games on it.

So I guess it depends on what you've been doing with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
I have a MBP 13" and I do notice that it gets warm on the left side, but its never unbearably hot it only gets really warm when I play the sims 3 for an extended period of time.

Reaction score
Hot hot hot

I have exactly this same thing happen to me, gets up to around 95º before the fans decide to do anything about it.

Perhaps a firmware fix will help it to cool off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
Heat is always a main issue for MacBook especially on the left side of port areas. All port are so hot on my MacBook Pro 13".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
seems like you are all complaining about the same problem ... the left side is where the CPU sits so it's bound to get hot, especially when you play Sims 3 dude :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
seems like you are all complaining about the same problem ... the left side is where the CPU sits so it's bound to get hot, especially when you play Sims 3 dude :D

i know dude. I was trying to make a point that unless I'm running something graphics intensive I don't have a heat problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
The laptop is fine. If you're that concerned about it, blow some compressed air through it to knock out the dust caused from the poor ventilation, dust, smoke, and random other pet hair and crap that you dudes let get into your machines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I've noticed that the hood on my car seems to get quite hot from time to time. It seems like it happens most often after the engine has been running or if it has been sitting in the sun for a while. What do you think guys? Is there something wrong? Should I take it back to the dealership? :D :D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.53, 4gigs RAM, 250hd
^^^ haha,

I have the 15" MBP. It runs quite cold, until i switch to Windows using VMware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 inch nvidia 6gb ram, 13 in MacBook pro 320gb 4 gb ram, iPad 16 gb 3G, iPhone 4 Verizon 16g
My MBP 13 in runs cool until I do something that uses flash......

Reaction score
Flash games cause heat?

Hi folks, i just bought the new aluminum body 13", and have found that it really heats up particularily when I play online flash games.

I noticed that my battery drains much faster at the same time.
Wondering if flash games are really processor heavy?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.