Hard Drive Noise

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
I had a Unibody 13" MacBook for about a week before exchanging it for the new 13" MBP. One thing I have noticed with the new system is the HDD noise much louder than the previous unit where I never even heard it.

Anyone notice the HDD in the 13" MBP is loud? To be fair, it's not 1995 SCSI Drive Loud, but when working I can hear it clicking and pinging under the keyboard. Kind of annoying.

Reaction score
New MacBook Pro HD noise

I do have the same problem. I bought a New MacBook Pro 13" 2.26 last week and I noted that noise coming from HD. I went back to the Apple Store and changed out for a new one. This new one has the same problem, so a will go to the store to get my money back.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
That's really isn't necessary. >_>"

I would open the MBP up and see what kind of HDD is in there. It's most likely a 7200 RPM drive if it's loud.

Just tell them you want a 5400 RPM drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.