My -1 Post :-P

L

lnetubaplyr

HELLO! This may come as a huge shock to some of you, if you started out on the "final thread" then ended up reading it again 7 months later. lol.

Well i'll make this quick, i was just comming around to see what was up, since to again, your surprise, i'm a powerbook user now. I think it was just the simplicity of the ibook that sent me for a loop.

BTW, i have posted once or twice under the alias AWU_GigaByte, since i haven't used LNEtubaPLYR in many months...

*waits for the beatings*

-Carry On Dancing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
LOL. I suppose the reserection of that thread was you reason for posting this one?

Out of curiosity, what caused the switch back after your original disgruntlement? Still have the Athlon64 laptop?

And yes, you do deserve a beating. ;)

OP
L

lnetubaplyr

I'm actually very happy i switched back. Idk if it has anything to do with "once you go mac you never go back" type of thing. But just after i sold the ibook, i got really big into linux. Then realizeing that OSX is basically a functional linux, it interested me again. I then started to think about the cons of the ibook. Basically the lack of a line in and the 12inch screen drove me crazy. Just not enough room to work.

I think i said somewhere in that thread that i wouldn't rule out buying another apple and i guess i didn't :)

But i have to say i couldn't be more happy with the powerbook. I just think that the ibook was more for the beginner. The PB does everything i'd want. I could go on about how i now hate windows, but i won't :p

I do still have the athlon laptop, although i'm looking to sell it. And yes, i still have my alienware, but they are both pretty much retired since the arrival of the PB.

And to the person who said i was a moron for buying an alienware, i don't see the difference in buying an apple (premium brand) and buying an alienware (premium brand). Apple ram is regular ram, but since its "apple" its more. Same thing with alienware. So in that case, we're all morons, and i'm proud of it! :cool:

OP
K

Kokopelli

Welcome back. Since I was not here when you left I will refrain from any beatings...

What size PowerBook did you get?

OP
A

awu_gigabyte

*To refrain from confusion, i'll repeat that this is my new alias :)*

I got the 15 inch PB. 1.67ghz g4, 100 gig hdd, radeon 9700, 128mb video ram. 1 gig system ram. When i opened it up, i had to take a few minutes before turning it on, just to look at it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
glad youve come to your senses. I read that final thread thing, and you should be beaten with that athion laptop. lol. just kidding. if you need any help with your pbook, come back.
and welcome back to the good side.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
So what convinced you to try the mac once more after your experience?

OP
A

awu_gigabyte

iWhat said:
So what convinced you to try the mac once more after your experience?

Mostly wanting a unix based laptop. I tried getting all sorts of distros on my athlon but could never get the wireless to work... and just the general sick and tired of windows...explorer crases, viruses, spyware. Plus the althon laptop was so freaking heavy, i wanted somthing lighter and more slim. The powebook acheives those things very well :)

OP
B

bopat

Newbie here ...all ready with cane in hand!!

Hey dude, I have to give u a beating ...at least for making me read that WHOLE post ( :mad: )and then announing a new, re-born you!! ( :mad: ;) )

Just kidding! Welcome back. I just switched to a Mac 3 days ago (from a Dell Inspiron 1.7ghz to a 12" PB 867mhz; same amount of ram in both) and am loving it.

Enjoy your Mac.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
awu_gigabyte,

Well, I hope your experience will be a better one this time around!

OP
J

Jason

Welcome back :D I switched over with a PB and love it! I thought I wouldn't be able to deal with the 12" screen, but it works well with OSX :D

OP
T

Temp

awu_gigabyte/LNEtubaPLYR,

This is too funny! I just got an e-mail notification today (3/10/05), from a reply to your old post. I was just thinking, "I wonder what ever happened to LNEtubaPLYR?" Then I found this post. :lol:

Glad everything work out for the best in the end.

OP
J

jessica

Need attention much?

Welcome back to the forums I guess. You were seriously missed, I am not sure how this site functioned without you here.

OP
A

awu_gigabyte

jessica said:
Need attention much?

Welcome back to the forums I guess. You were seriously missed, I am not sure how this site functioned without you here.

o_O someones a little testy. i guess it was my fault someone posted to a 7 month old thread eh? I wasn't going to say anything about my "grand return" until someone posted in there...But i can see your very long membership to the forums gives you the seniority to be rude... :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
awu_gigabyte said:
o_O someones a little testy. i guess it was my fault someone posted to a 7 month old thread eh? I wasn't going to say anything about my "grand return" until someone posted in there...But i can see your very long membership to the forums gives you the seniority to be rude... :rolleyes:

You got to give 'em some leeway, Mac users tend to be passionet about their computers, and you, who we were all recently reminded, talked bad about their babies. Look to the original thread to see how emotional people tend to get. :mac:

OP
A

awu_gigabyte

Oh i know it. But she wasn't in on the first thread, but meh, its ok. I know it must be hard for people to grasp that a person could have somthing, give it up, then want it back :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.