MacBook Pro 13" Screen Issues

Reaction score
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone else on here is facing the issue with the MacBook Pro 13" screens in which Greens apart almost florescent yellows are very bright and blues are appearing purple.
Is anyone else experiencing these issues and has anyone got a fix for this?
I don't want to have to go through the hassle of sending the Mac back and waiting for a new one if this turns out to be a simple issue.

Thanks
Zack

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" Unibody
I bought the new macbook pro 13" on Thursday. So far I have not seen what you are talking about. It seems to me that it runs a little warmer than the first unibody macbook and the pro. What do you think? Also if you notice the color problems, sounds to me like it need to be returned. Have a good one, Tim

Reaction score
Hot yellows

I have just got the 13" MBP baby and same thing - really hot yellows and blues and greens distorted...I am no graphic designer but something odd going on? Help.:( Simon

Reaction score
I have not noticed any great variation on yellows or greens.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Yes, there is bigger discussions on other forums all about this. It seems the problem is affecting only certain people with the 13"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
The Video on my MBP 13 is fine to me, are there any tests graphics (like for TV adjustments) that you can recommend.

Thanks

Reaction score
Yellowish Screen

I had a similar issue with my new 13 MBP. The screen appeared yellowish, almist unsaturated colors and lower in contrast. I had a 9C9E screen version. Compared to the white macbook and imac that I have, the screen was brilliant, but something off with the colors. So I made a genius bar appointment. The "genius" told me that LCD's are all different and there is variation amongst them (i believe that is acceptable to a degree). Apple products however are highly QC'ed. So this guy tried to sell me a 129.99 dollar calibrator to fix my problem. I kindly took him to 2 floor model pieces, and compared them to my MBP. And mine was the only one different. I was promptly given a replacement MBP, no questions asked. Now I have a 9C9F version and it is PERFECT!!!. I can truly make out the increased contrast, increased gamut of colors compared to my older macs.
So if you guys have issues go to the apple store. Don't let a genius make a fool out of you by selling you some more hardware.

I did try to calibrate the screen before I took it in with Super Cal... just something seemed off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.