Can't get the Internet working on Windows via BootCamp

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post here, but I really need some help! (I have bolded the important parts of my problem)
I am working on an iMac running Leopard - as well as Win XP on Bootcamp. I have a wireless Internet connection to my dads Router, which I think is called sharing a Network or something. My Dad is also running a Mac. I just installed Windows on my iMac today, and everything went fine. However, I need an update to my DirectX program so's I can play some games and whatnot. I also need to activate Windows in 30 days or it will not work. Thing is I have absolutely no Idea how to get the Internet working on Windows. I tried a few of the different set ups but to no avail.

Now I had heard a rumor about running your Leopard disk while you're in XP, which will somehow sort out the internet, but I'd like some confirmation of this please.

All this has left me absolutely clueless, and plus the Windows helpline isnt available on Saturdays =S so I thought i'd turn to you guys.
Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Andy

Reaction score
Start here: Boot into Windows, then insert your Leopard disk - that will start the installation process for the drivers. Should be automatic. Then try again.

If that doesn't work, try disabling the security protocols on your Dad's router - then try again, and once in Windows and you get on the net, you can try to put the security back on.

Then let us know how its coming.

Cheers

OP
T
Reaction score
hey thanks man! it worked first time. I even called up the apple center about that trick and they didn't know lol. Now I guess id have to get some norton anti virus protection if I wanted to use XP internet all the time, but I cant be bothered lol.

Reaction score
Glad we helped. Definitely get antivirus, I use avg free, its simple and easy to install and maintain, and without the Norton overhead. You'll get slammed if you use Windows on the internet unprotected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.