Updating Multiple Macs?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have 3 MBP's in the house and an Airport Extreme network.

I am burning a lot of my internet bandwidth allocation doing 3x 240+Mb OS updates and the like.

Is there any way to download once and install 3 times?

Ken.

RCh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 2GHz C2D 3Gb RAM 160 HDD; Macbook 2.2GHz; 4Gb RAM 160 HDD
Hi guys,

I have 3 MBP's in the house and an Airport Extreme network.

I am burning a lot of my internet bandwidth allocation doing 3x 240+Mb OS updates and the like.

Is there any way to download once and install 3 times?

Ken.

Have the same issue - 1 iMac + 2 MB's.

I usually download it on one of machines and then just install them from this machine to others. For OS updates I get combo updates. They are large than delta but still smaller than downloading 3 times. Also with desktop/laptop mixture combo is the only way to share one download with multiple machines.

I don't think there's a way to install downloaded updates simultaniously on multiple machines. But would love to know if there's one :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
Remote Desktop

I have remote desktop, it has a lot of uses, updating is just one

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks Rch,

Please enlighten me:

I don't know what a combo update is, and I don't know how to use the Software Update tool to just download so I have disk images to be installed on multiple machines.

TIA!

Ken.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Thanks Rch,

Please enlighten me:

I don't know what a combo update is, and I don't know how to use the Software Update tool to just download so I have disk images to be installed on multiple machines.

TIA!

Ken.
You can download the combo updates (and most updates) from apple's website. Google "combo update 10.5.7) for instance...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.