13" Macbook Pro...2gb RAM or 4gb RAM?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2,1 > 2.16GHz|4GB
guys, any thoughts on using Intel's SSD X25-m, the 34nm version that is substantially cheaper than the previous 50nm model?

Anyone has any gripes with it?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
}.MacBookPro 13" 2.26Ghz 4GBRam 250Gb HDD/iPhone 3gS 16Gb WhitE.{
dude just Get ur book regular and Upgrade little by little. when i went to the store to buy one they had it right there and then... but me i wanted more ram and different hdd.. stupid me i had to wait like 6 to 8 weeks for my sh*it..lol now i have it with 4gb ram and 250 hdd but just order a 500gb 7200rpm to upgrade and see how it works.. the only thing i keep hearing about the 7200rmp hdd its that it might run a little bit hotter than the 5400rpm. but it should be fine..

Reaction score
About the Upgrade

Apple charges you 90 dollars for 4GB, you can buy and install it for a lot less and save yourself some cash.

RAM modules found here.

I recommend the first one on the list, Crucial.

With the extra cash that you saved on the RAM you can put that towards the HDD, which are faster than what they offer and have large storage capacities. I recommend these two.

Forgot the how to guide to install the stuff. That can be found here.

I am going to buy the basic model of 13 inch macbook pro with 2 gigs of ram and 160 gigs hard drive. About the ram upgrade, can I just add a 2 gigs ram to make it all together 4 gigs or do I have to buy a new 4 gigs one.
Same question about the hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 13in 2.26ghz,64gb ssd,4gb ram & iphone 4 16gb,ipod,ipod touch 2nd gen
I am going to buy the basic model of 13 inch macbook pro with 2 gigs of ram and 160 gigs hard drive. About the ram upgrade, can I just add a 2 gigs ram to make it all together 4 gigs or do I have to buy a new 4 gigs one.
Same question about the hard drive.

No u will have to buy 4gigs of ram because the mackbook pro 13in come's with 2x1gig of ram hears the link of 4gig ram that comes in 2x2gig of ram hears the link hope this help's

4GB kit (2GBx2), 204-pin SODIMM, DDR3 PC3-8500 upgrades for Apple MacBook Pro 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (13-inch DDR3) MB990LL/A Mid-2009 Laptop/Notebook, CT999660 from Crucial.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.