things

Reaction score
What are some of the new things I should be doing with my macbook.
Ive installed WoW, installed iWork09 and been surfing the net but what are some good things to really dive in and start learning the OS, as i find myself troubled with sharing files with my windows pc, and other stuff.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Let's take it one step at a time. What do you enjoy doing with you computers? Do you like to design things? Do you design webpages? Programming? It would be easier to get you off on the right foot if we knew what you were interested in.

What have you tried to do so far for sharing files between Windows machines and your Mac?

OP
LogicBox
Reaction score
Well Van, I looked at file sharing on here and checked it but then didnt know how to make them see each other. Ive done some webdesign and like it, I was talking with an apple rep and he said something about X something thats coding for like the iPhone that you could test and mess around with to get used to coding cause he said programing was amazingly easy.

I think right now iam ganna hit the hay cause some yard work and hunny dos to do in the am, but ill be back later on in the day to play around and start using it more, havent had much time to really dive in deep with it been travling alot this week and alot of work. :) night guys

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Well Van, I looked at file sharing on here and checked it but then didnt know how to make them see each other. Ive done some webdesign and like it, I was talking with an apple rep and he said something about X something thats coding for like the iPhone that you could test and mess around with to get used to coding cause he said programing was amazingly easy.

I think right now iam ganna hit the hay cause some yard work and hunny dos to do in the am, but ill be back later on in the day to play around and start using it more, havent had much time to really dive in deep with it been travling alot this week and alot of work. :) night guys

Well, this should help with the Windows sharing problem.

As for the Apple Rep, to a certain extent he doesn't know what he's talking about. Good programming is not easy and anything outside of the basics takes a good amount of work. I don't do it professionally nor was it a major in university (I did take CS courses though) but I know how much work it can take to design something well. Don't let this discourage you though. If you're interested, the program you are looking for is Xcode. If you use Xcode, you are likely to use Objective-C and for someone new to programming, I would recommend not using ObjC. Try something like Ruby or my favourite, Python (both of which, although older, are already installed for you).

Perhaps someone with more programming experience can give a better answer but that's how I see it from my standpoint.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.