Photo slide show with manual slide advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (2.8 Ghz and 2 gb memory)& MacBook
I want to create a very basic slide show but where I control when I move from one slide to the next using the apple remote. I have about 100 photos that I want to talk about using a digital projector connected to my Macbook, so no music, no movement, just a nice slow disolve from one slide to the next when I click.
Should be simple but I can't seem to do it in iphoto, can anyone help.

thanks

Reaction score
This would be quite simple on either keynote or powerpoint for mac. The problem i've had is using a 3rd party remote to advance slides once it's connected to the projector. See intructions below (have you tried this?)

To create a slideshow:

Select an album or group of photos you want in your slideshow.

Click the Add (+) button in the bottom-left corner of the iPhoto window, then click Slideshow in the dialog.

Type a name for your slideshow.

If you want, deselect the “Use selected items in new slideshow” checkbox.

Click Create.

Drag photos into the order you want in the photo browser at the top of the iPhoto viewing area.

After you create a slideshow, you can also add photos to it by dragging them directly from an Event, another album, a CD or DVD, or another location on your hard disk. When you add a photo to a slideshow from another location on your hard disk, iPhoto automatically imports it into your photo library.

You can choose music, specify the display duration for each slide, choose transition effects, display slideshow controls, and set other options. (See Related Topics below.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.