Single Click to open link in new tab in Safari?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MB, 2.1GHz 4GB RAM, 10.5.8
Hi,

I just started using Safari (just downloaded the full S4) again (instead of firefox) and am loving it - its so quick. But, being used to Firefox, I have it set to open links in a new tab with just a click - not in a new window/navigate away from the current page. Is there anyway to have Safari like this or will have to continue with CMD+click?

Cheers
S

Reaction score
I would love to know if there's a way to do this as well. It is very annoying to have a new window open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Unibody, 2.53Ghz, 4GB RAM, 10.5.7
I would love to know as well lol.

Reaction score
lol.i tot i was the only one who had an issue with a new window opened in each click..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8 core 2.8GHz 14GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT, Dell 3008WFP
Like you I used to have a problem with this.

With a simple terminal command you can set Safari to force what would otherwise be a new window, to open instead in a new tab!

The Solution

Reaction score
Try clicking the scroll wheel on the link. You might have to setup the button as a cmd-click.
Don't know about MightyMouse. Is the ball a button too?

T

todd51

Like you I used to have a problem with this.

With a simple terminal command you can set Safari to force what would otherwise be a new window, to open instead in a new tab!

The Solution

Sweet! I have just settled for right-clicking and choosing "New Tab" for well over a year now! I guess it just didn't bother me enough to ask and I got used to it. Thanks man!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
cmd + click , if enabled in Safari preferences

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
I'm going to update Safari and start using it, it seems like a good browser; plus, FireFox is boring. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.