I'm scared :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.2 ghz / 30GB 4200 / 1.25 GIG
Well, as you guys know, I did purchase an ibook g3, but with all these threads of ibooks freezeing and dying and acting up, i'm scared now mine will be messed up too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I don't know how many times I am going to have to say this. People usually come to message boards to solve problems and vent about frustrations with problems. Most people who have an apple have no problems and see no need to go post on a message board to say everything is working, thus making the number of threads of ibooks dieing more frequent then those praising the ibook

OP
iphix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, i'm a noob to these forums, so i never heard you say anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
g3 ibooks were great, any mac, if well maintained(by which I mean not dropping it, lending it out to people who use only pc, and repairing permissions and running cron scripts every now and then) and taken care of should last very long. besides, if you have any problems, come back.

OP
iphix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macman said:
g3 ibooks were great, any mac, if well maintained(by which I mean not dropping it, lending it out to people who use only pc, and repairing permissions and running cron scripts every now and then) and taken care of should last very long. besides, if you have any problems, come back.

Thanks.

I just thought more people come to this forum to "praise" their macs like said above.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iphix said:
Well, i'm a noob to these forums, so i never heard you say anything.

It's not just these forums its message boards in general

OP
iphix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
trpnmonkey41 said:
It's not just these forums its message boards in general

Oh, this is the only one i'm on.

*MAC-FORUMS feel special!*

I

iDVFH.

Macman said:

This is completely off the subject and you know so much more about Macs then me but I was reading somewhere that your computer (Powermac G4 Cube) was a flop and not a big seller..is this true?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
it is agreat computer though, just didnt sell enough, partly because it had no built in cooling,
but it is one of a kind in the mac world. until the mac mini, though its still better, cause its more upgradeable, up to 4 or 6 or so gigs of ram I think. Ive got 832 now, thats the original 64, another 256 and a 512, and still I have 3 empty slots.

I

iDVFH.

I wonder why though cause its an amazing looking piece of equipment..I remember seeing the commercials for it and thinking that's so cool (but that's when I was a Windows user..) I don't see commercials for Mac computers anymore..only iPods..why?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
DV'SiBOOKG4 said:
I wonder why though cause its an amazing looking piece of equipment..I remember seeing the commercials for it and thinking that's so cool (but that's when I was a Windows user..) I don't see commercials for Mac computers anymore..only iPods..why?

I was wondering that myself also. I think that Apple will be stepping it up pretty soon with the commercials. There asking switchers to sumbit their story to the website, so I am thinking; we'll be seeing something pretty soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They have been asking for switch stories ever since the original switch campaign started

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 1.2 1.25Gig RAM Emac 1.42Ghz 1GB RAM
I think apple is selling plenty of computers now. I just picked up an iBook 1.2Ghz 12". My 2nd mac, first was a 12" g3/900.

In looking, I kept finding that most places stay sold out of powerbooks. Components that are mac-compatible tend to stay sold out too - take a look at compusa's external DVD-RW drives that support Mac - they have 2 of them - both sold out. I'm also seeing a lot of people waiting for their Macs. Used iBooks and PowerBooks at the big resellers (like smalldog) don't even last a day at resellers if they are priced at normal market rates. Everyone is sold out of Mac Minis locally, and long waits on mail order.

Every indication I'm seeing is that Apple computer sales are booming. The only ones readily available seem to be high end G5s (too pricey), iMacs, and the eMac (too bulky).

-Lonerider

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.