Exposé Problems

Reaction score
Pretty much every time I touch my mouse at all it reacts as though I've pressed the two side buttons and the Exposé feature takes over. I've already gone into System Preferences and disabled the Exposé function, but I'd like to keep it enabled, as it's a handy function. Has this happened to anyone else?? And what'd you do to fix it??

Also, my mouse is brand new, I literally got it about two hours ago.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That really sounds like the mouse. Mighty Mouse correct? I once had a MM that had very sensitive side buttons and it did exactly what you are experiencing.

OP
T
Reaction score
Yeah, that's totally it. So what'd you do about it?? If anything....

It's friggin' frustrating.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Have you disabled the shortcuts under the expose system preference, or in the mouse system prefs?

OP
T
Reaction score
I tried that just after reading this and that didn't seem to do anything at all. It's really annoying. It started with my original mouse soon after getting the computer. I got rid of the old mouse and got a new one, and it happened within five minuted of plugging in the new one.

OP
T
Reaction score
I tried that just after reading this and that didn't seem to do anything at all. It's really annoying. It started with my original mouse soon after getting the computer. I got rid of the old mouse and got a new one, and it happened within five minutes of plugging in the new one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.