What dya think of this PB offer?

M

MissLateralus

Hi guys,

I was going to get an ibook, but decided to settle on a PB due to better spec for multimedia purposes (audio and video).

The company I work for have a PB (M9227) in stock, which our customer cancelled last minute. As a favour our sales director offered me this machine for £975 inc VAT. It is brand new and in the warehouse untouched.

This is what I know of the spec:
15" screen
Superdrive
BT/Airport Extreme
80Gb HD
512Mb RAM

This got to us in January. Thing is how current is the spec in comparison to the current models. I know the current 15" superdrive version comes with a 1.6 Ghz processor - is this the only difference between my model and the new version or are there more differences?

Is my one BT 2.0 compliant?

Am I getting a good deal?

Thanks

OP
M

MichaelSullivan

well, I doubt you'll notice the difference between 1.5GHz and 1.67GHz. However, you will notice the difference between bluetooth 1 and 2. The one you linked to is BT1, which makes me think that its the pre-scrolling trackpad/ pre-sudden motion sensor model as well.

That said, my coworker has that exact machine and loves it. I recently opted to purchase a 1.5GHz (scrolling trackpad, SMS) model because the 1.67's pushed the prices down to for $1799 USD (apple edu discount).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.