Bluetooth Mouse Drop Out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OSX 10.4 Tiger
My bluetooth mighty mouse keeps dropping signal. My batteries are fine but it keeps doing it every couple minutes. Anyone have this problem in the past and figure out what it was?

Reaction score
Me too. Started months ago, only once in a awhile, but now it is every half hour or so. I have to keep disconnecting in the Bluetooth drop-down, and then reconnecting. Major pain in butt. Apple said to install latest Bluetooth update. That fixed it for a day or more but now it's back on a regular basis. Apple said to call back when it's happening so they can diagnose, so I will do that if I am able to at that moment (most of the time I can't stop working, have to just keep re-connecting).

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Keep in mind that Bluetooth runs on the same 2.4GHz frequency as many other devices. So, if you have a cordless phone base, a baby monitor or any other wireless device (including routers) near the machine, be sure to move those away. Additionally, microwave ovens are well known to cause this kind of interference (even if it's in another, adjacent room).

Reaction score
Mouse dropout

My mouse and keyboard drop out too. I've noticed that just opening the bluetooth preferences panel brings them back.

I haven't tried calling Apple--any luck there?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Are you up to date on Software Updates? Just recently, a major update came out for Bluetooth on OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.