iPhoto not connecting to Facebook

Reaction score
With an Album that was uploaded to Facebook but now has the error after being Published. I tried an iPhoto Album with one Photo in it, to be Publish on Facebook re-logging in (but first remove the App from FB). Entered credentials as before, but did not Publish the Album to FB and now works ok so far ! :)

Although I've forgotten if the check-box was checked

Reaction score
To further extend on this, apparently there isn't a way of connecting iPhoto to existing Albums. However, if there is a file containing Album paths that have established a connection from iPhoto to FB (which must be somewhere ???), then surely there must be a way of adding paths to connect to Albums that already exist on FB ???

P.S. Really need this one ! :) Thanks in advance

Reaction score
AlbumData.xml / AlbumData2.xml both have path listing for FB Albums, apparently difficult to work with and can cause a mess, although there are easy fixes. Also examining the file shows some resemblance of how the paths are structured with what seems like arbitrary data, including the actual path "...facebook.com/album.php...", also examining the FB path "...facebook.com/media/set/..." does have the same numbers but in a different order, the arbitrary data are parameters of this. But looking for parameters (which gives me a headache), it seems as if it's not all there.

I don't know if this is any help to anyone ! :)

Reaction score
Strange thing... opened iPhoto Library "Show Package Contents", was looking for the "AlbumData.xml" but opened "iPhotoMain.db" instead to have a look @ the Album Table content. Anywho long story short it went corrupt, in the end deleted it from the package content and re-opened iPhoto without it. The strange thing is, did not have to account for missing Albums and FB connection works perfect so far since.

With my little cheat above signing back in but not publishing the Album / Photos still had login errors and I think it signed me out of FB so I had to login again on Safari

Reaction score
My Approach

I think I solved it (for me) I'm using iPhoto 9, the update seems to mess your account authorisation up.

Go to >Preferences>Accounts

Delete your Facebook account using the '-' button

Re-Add your Facebook account.

Exit and restart iphoto.

See if that works?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.