I had my imac in my attic for a few months...

Reaction score
I had my imac in my attic for a few months, not in the extreme cold but we have had some pretty warm and hot days, just a few. ANd in an attic of course, it gets REALLY hot!

Anyone done this? You think I've destroyed some part of it that will pop up upon a few times of use or anything...? I want to sell it and it needs a new logic board, I can't do more than turn it on to really see... I don't want to put that onto someone, you know? If I've ruined it...

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
According to the iMac page, the storage temperature is -40C to 85C (-40F - 185F). If you didn't exceed that range on either side (which I very highly doubt you did), I'm sure you're fine. That said, this is the storage temperature for the current iMacs.

OP
F
Reaction score
oh wow! Thanks very much for that! Sounds good then! Mine is the 17" white one, it's probably the same or about that right?
Very good to know!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.