My turn

A

andremal

Hey guys, gals and kiddos. I've been frequenting this site for a few weeks now. Arriving Friday:

20" iMac G5 1.8
  • 1G Ram
  • 250G HD
  • Airport Extreme
Airport Express Base Station with AirTunes

Sorry folks, no applause, just advice please! ;)

I had decided against Bluetooth until after the order was already in. I called asking if I changed the order if it would put back delivery time and the answer was yes. So I'll be going with the D-Link DBT-120 Bluetooth Adapter (usb) instead. I've ordered a Logitech MX900 Bluetooth Optical Mouse to go with it and plan on purchasing the Mac Bluetooth Keyboard. Are there any other options for a Mac bluetooth keyboard?

I will be hooking a Logitech Z-2300 speaker set to the iMac, ordered new for it. :)

I'd appreciate any recommendations for a USB Hub you folks have to offer.

~a

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can use any bluetooth keyboard

Any powered USB hub should work without any problems

OP
A

andremal

I was tempted, but that would have turned 3 weeks into who knows what. Decision error on my part that is easily fixable. oh well.

Reaction score
I wouldn't shed any tears about not getting the internal one. From what I've heard the external bluetooth modules are just as good and if anything goes wrong with it or something better comes along its easy to upgrade. Three weeks is a long time to wait for a new computer.

OP
A

andremal

Thx Bobbins. I have to agree. Would have been slick to have it on board, but your point is spot on. It sits behind the LCD and doesn't stick out too far. Recplacement/upgrade is easy. The built in one is actually part of the mid plane assembly so if BT goes out... I'm going to get a usb hub anyways, so that and the BT adapter will be the only 2 usb devices connected.

She arrives this afternoon. Big W00T!

:mac:

~a

OP
D

DCyamaha

I just switched as well and got my iMac last night!! this thing is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! itunes, sherlock, safari...ALL INCREDIBLE PROGRAMS!

I never knew computing could be so cool and so fun!

I switched from a Dell Pentium III 500mhz (128 Ram) to an iMac G5 17" 1.6 w/512ram
This thing is a speed demon for what I do!! I love it. Can't get enough.

The apple displays are simply perfect.

OP
J

jessica

I bet you're excited!
Just an fyi...I have BT built in and I've yet to use it. I probably won't. My keyboard is USB2, my ipod doesn't have BT, and my phone is IR not BT.
Good decision on your part imho!

OP
T

Thud

andremal said:
First post from Safari.. :p

I have 5 different browsers installed now... Safari, Firefox, G4 optimized Firefox, Camino, and Shiira.
Been trying them all out to see which one I like best. I love Firefox on my PC but it's a dog on the mac.
I'm using Camino most of the time, it's pretty quick similar to Firefox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Safari never disappoints me

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I have too many browsers also. The main reason I don't use Safari is because the way you have to access the bookmarks, if they're not located in the toolbar. The less clicking I have to do, the better.

Reaction score
iWhat said:
I have too many browsers also. The main reason I don't use Safari is because the way you have to access the bookmarks, if they're not located in the toolbar. The less clicking I have to do, the better.
Maybe you should try out 'Shiira' iwhat as that's one of the points that I didn't like about 'Safari' and 'Shiira' is based on the same framework as 'Safari' but has extra features, so as the bookmarks in a sidebar.

The 'Safari' bookmarks are also integrated which is useful if you've been using safari for a while.

Here is a link:
http://hmdt-web.net/shiira/index-e.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.