Can't add an attachment to Yahoo email in Safari 4

Reaction score
Hello,
As soon as the Beta of Safari 4 went public I jumped on the download and have been using it ever since. Just yesterday I downloaded the final version. However, during these past few months there has been a terrible bug that I cannot find the cause of.

I use yahoo and zimbra mail (my college mail service). In each case, when I go to add an attachment to the email and click the button "Choose File", there is no action. Nothing at all. A window should show up from the finder so I can choose the file I need to attach and press "Open." But instead nothing happens. The button goes blue when being clicked, then back to gray when I release, but there is NO action! In addition it seems, every site that has an option to select a file off of my machine in this fashion responds (or doesn't respond :Shouting: ) in the same way.

I have tried reinstalling Safari 4 but it seems every version of 4 including the Beta has this problem on my machine. My old version of Safari (3) functioned properly. If anyone has ANY idea on what is causing this or how to fix this problem please help!

Thanks,
-Eric

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
What OS r u on? if it is 10.5.7 i would try running that combo updater now that you have Non Beta Safari 4 - see if that sorts the issue.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Try what Collin suggested.

You said it does it with all sights that have an attach. I just tried here on my iMac. 10.5.7 and Safari 4. Been running Safari 4 since the first Beta. Hit attach on Google Mail and the file requester came up and I selected a picture and hit send.

OP
E
Reaction score
I downloaded and installed the combo update. No help :[

Any other advice? Since I'm home from college at the moment I rarely have to send emails with attachments, but I'd love to resolve this issue sooner rather than later...

-Eric

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Seems like it is the 'clutching at straws time. As i recall there was an app to revert back to Safari 3 so would do that, then trash - using appcleaner or similar - all the Safari 4 stuff then download a fresh copy of the non beta Safari 4 and try again.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Great news for sure. Thanks for coming back and letting us know as it will help someone else in the future. When Safari is updated sometimes 3rd party apps have issues. Probably the case with SafariStand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Never heard of Safari Stand so read some reviews - seems it has caused a few problems historically - anybody reading this far -always good to read the reviews in MacUpdate and Version tracker

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.