How do I uninstall Safari 4 and go back to Safari 3.2.3?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (Aluminum) 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Accidentally installed it during the Software Update...

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (Aluminum) 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
I downloaded Safari 4 again because I heard there is an uninstaller in the dmg, but once I download it, how do I access the uninstaller?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
??????

why would you want to uninstall it, the speed is great? and its more advanced:|

Reaction score
why would you want to uninstall it, the speed is great? and its more advanced:|
Why is it that when people want to run the old version and want to know how to roll back a buggy Apple product the response is always so much "why would you want to?" Google "uninstall Safari 4" and I guarantee you'll find lots of valid reasons people want to. For me:
  1. It's not actually faster... and it introduced new bugs on my system due to the new version of Webkit that piggy-backed with it (I'm assuming).
  2. It's buggy... pages that used to work (web-based apps that I need to have working) don't work anymore.
  3. I don't like the placement of controls or the fact that they've moved everything around -- in my opinion it's less user-friendly than the old version... there are a few things I like, but many more that I don't.
With other products it's easy to have multiple versions installed. With Safari 4, you're stuck if you upgrade due to hidden files (or maybe something in the inaccessible Receipts database) that you can't remove to re-install the old version. As a student of Web development, I'd like to be able to run multiple versions with all their quirks and advantages, to be able to test how code renders in various browsers. On Windows I can do that... and I can even run multiple versions of many other OS X apps, but since Safari is dependent on a framework that seems not to allow multiple versions, we're totally messed up if we upgrade and don't like it. This should not be the Apple way -- indeed, I can even choose what Java VM to use to run a Java applet or application, why shouldn't I have the same convenience with Safari/WebKit? :Grimmace:

Apple, this is a good way to alienate your slim (though usually loyal) user-base... I hope you will read this, and the many other messages like it out there, and take heed! OS X should be better than Windoze, but things like this are irksome. Grrrrrr...

Reaction score
I also have a horrible problem with the new version of Safari crashing on me all the time. Twice in the last hour

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.