FTP Problem.

Reaction score
I have signed up at Dynonames, and purchased a Domain name and a Hosting plan, which I bought Hosting tonight at 7:22.. I have my FTP all setup, with password.

However, when I go to upload my site on iWeb, I enter all of the details it asks and keep getting this error message:

Testing Error
"The Directory/Path could not be found"

Where is the directory?

Thanks for all of your answers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
What do you mean "where is it".

The directory is on the server for your domain :)

OP
W
Reaction score
What do you mean "where is it".

The directory is on the server for your domain :)

Well I have put numerous paths in the "Directory/Path" box in iWeb, and no results. It keeps saying "The Directory/Path could not be found, please verify your settings and try again."

ANY help would be welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 1.83Ghz Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, running 10.6.1
First try leaving the path blank.

Other than that is this windows hosting or linux hosting. Windows hosting I cannot help with but the path for Linux hosting is normally /home/<user name>/public_html or /home/<user name>/htdocs that's for cPanel and Plesk control panels respectively. If they use a custom CP you're gonna have to email their support team for the path to public files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
path

public_html ;D

OP
W
Reaction score
public_html ;D

Thanks for providing that, it seems to work, but another error keeps coming up:

"A connection to <my site> has not been established, please verify your settings and try again."

Any clues onto what this error means?

EDIT: I think I found the problem, In the email sent by my hosting service, it says that I'll need to wait a typical 24-48 hours to be able to upload website content.

So, is that what the issue would be with the connection error?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Thanks for providing that, it seems to work, but another error keeps coming up:

"A connection to <my site> has not been established, please verify your settings and try again."

Any clues onto what this error means?

EDIT: I think I found the problem, In the email sent by my hosting service, it says that I'll need to wait a typical 24-48 hours to be able to upload website content.

So, is that what the issue would be with the connection error?

It could be. It takes about 48 hours for DNS to circulate the internet. Wait a while and try again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.