Connecting external screens

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just got a new MacBook Pro and am wondering how many external screens I can connect to it. Am I able to use 2 x external screens and my notebook screen all at the same time?

Thanks.
:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
One external and the internal. You can't use two external monitors without a dual head video output. There are adapters, however, they usually cause signal degradation.

Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Something else about using two screens with a dual head output - you might be interested in the Matrox Dual Head 2 Go adapter which is compatible with the MBP. But as you can see from their specs (see provided link) it reduces the resolution in half. Not the best solution if you wish hi res on two external monitors.

Link

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.