2.5 gigs of ram?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 13 in white macbook, 2 GHZ Intel core 2 Duo with 1 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM.

I ordered a 2 gig ram upgrade using the crucial.com scanner that is supposed to guarantee compatibility and received the 2 gig, but on one memory card.

The macbook has 2 memory card slots with 500k ram in each.
I've read that matched memory cards have better performance, but am wondering if I can install this 2 gig card and effectively run 2.5 gig (2 gig card plus the 500k card in the other slot) without any adverse effects.

Or should I ask crucial to send me two 1 gig cards instead?

Thanks for your help.

Jon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 Ghz Core Duo 2GB RAM
I think it sould work fine as 2.5. I have 1 2GB stick in my Macbook and it runs great. Try it out. If it doesnt work as 2.5, just take out the 500MB one and leave only the 2 in there.

Reaction score
The earlier MacBooks only "officially" supported 2GB of RAM (not sure which model you have), but if this retailer says the RAM will work I would trust it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 Ghz Core Duo 2GB RAM
I believe he has the second generation Macbook since I have the 1-Gen with the Core Duo and he has the Core 2 Duo. So it should work. If it works on mine it should work for him.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.