• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

A quick thought about upgraded Macs and Tiger...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
If you look on Macrumors, you can see that most of the Apple product line hasnt seen updates recently, minus the Powerbook and the Mac mini. There are talks of the eMac going bye bye, and talks of an upgrade to the iBook, last updated in the end of October 04. The iMac G5 was introduced in September 04, and I personally am waiting for an update including Tiger, to purchase. The PowerMac hasnt been updated in months either. The point of all this being, I think the coming months before the releae of Tiger we will start to see these various models updated, leading up to the release of Tiger. I even had the thought that they would upgrade all their lines simoultaneously to coincide with the release of Tiger, but it seems to me that would be a big undertaking, and may alienate recent buyers. Add your comments and thoughts...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I dont think theyll upgrade anything before tiger, if anything, at the same time or directly after.

Reaction score
i agree with you there. just so people dont go and buy new updated macs with panther, then have to purchase tiger for $130 a week later.

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Yea, but if they buy a Mac the week before Tiger's release, and then they come out with an updated Mac and it has Tiger on it? People would feel really ripped off. It makes more sense to upgrade right before its release, so if they did buy pre Tiger, they atleast wouldnt have an outdated machine.

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
In June when Tiger comes out, itll be 6 months old, and no in stating they'd update the mini anyways...I said excluding the powerbooks and minis.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.