mac pro 10.5.7

Reaction score
My mac pro freezes upon starting. Stop times I get "static" type lines of color running across my 23" HD cinema screen other times it just loads the dock station and not my desktop files. I have unplugged all periphals, unplugged all cords from computer and waited to turn on. Updated software for my wacom tablet. It usually takes me 3 or 4 times of force quit to get it to turn on and look correct. Other times when it looks like it turned on okay, I get the spinning wheel. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I'd start by running a hardware test, this could be the video card by the sound of it.
Also try running disc utility/disc repair and maybe zap the PRAM and reset NVRAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
But be aware that even extended hardware check will not always pick up a video problem. Just had my logic board replaced for Video problem and before that even after 4 extended hardware checks i got no problems reported. Each time i got normal operation after Zapping the PRAM, doing hardware check until the next demand on the video when it locked up again.

OP
J
Reaction score
mac pro

Thanks, that seems to have worked with resetting pram and nvram. Appreciate your help.

OP
J
Reaction score
I was wrong... it didn't work

Hi, I turned out my computer this morning and the little wheel spinned, forced quit, turned on again and this time my monitor is flashing different colors and patterns like a tv screen. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Sounds like time for the Apple Certified Technician

OP
J
Reaction score
thanks

I think you are right. I'm backing up now. I will post the results for the next poor mac user;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.