Xcode/SDL problem

Reaction score
Hi Im a college student using xcode for my c++ class, however the rest of my class including the teacher uses visual studios and can't really help me when I need help many times, we're getting into sdl and he wants us to use the library's:<SDL_gfxPrimitives.h> and "SDL_framerate.h" but when I call them like this(which is like the code he gave the class)

#include <SDL_gfxPrimitives.h>
#include "SDL_framerate.h"
(duh)

I get error::no such file or directory
Now before you tell me "you didn't install it right" both the C++ demo program included when you create a sdl program and the gnu program do work and do compile.

Am I just callling the libraries by the wrong name for xcode? What should I be doing?

PLZ HELP!!! ty

OP
G
Reaction score
bump
PLZ HELP!!! I can't stress enough how much this is important. I need help for a class and my teacher has already given up and just said "its cuz a its a mac" PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Parallels / VMWare > Windows > Visual Studio?

Reaction score
possible solution to yer problem

Try changing
#include <SDL_gfxPrimitives.h>
#include "SDL_framerate.h"

to
#include <SDL_gfxPrimitives/gfxPrimitives.h>
#include <SDL_ framerate/SDL_framerate.h>

You can also try changing <>'s to quotes if the above doesn't work.
Also make sure you have the frameworks added in the Xcode project explorer. ie ctrl-click on the Frameworks folder in the left pane in XCode. Then Add>Existing Frameworks...>/Library/Frameworks/SDL_gfxPrimitives.
Do the same for framework SDL_framerate.

If this doesn't work you can always try compiling without xcode using the gnu g++ compiler included in the dev download you got with Xcode...

The command would look something like this:
g++ -I/Library/Frameworks/SDL.framework/Headers -I/otherFrameworks main.cpp SDLmain.m -framework SDL -framework Cocoa -framework SDL_gfxPrimitives -framework SDL_framerate

Are you sure you've installed gfxPrimitives and SDL_framerate? I have SDL installed and I don't have either. :/

Hope this helps.

OP
G
Reaction score
I have new problems now but it's kinda hard to expalin... heres what i get

LordPuyo
[/URL][/IMG]

heres my files frameworks ive inculded

Picture1.png

heres where I've inculded them in main

Picture2.png

heres what im trying to do

Picture4.png

here are the errors im getting

im sry if its confusing but its really important i get this done

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.