So the new 500gb HD is in, but I need help getting things up and running...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook Purchased 11/2007 500gbhd, 4G of RAM, Leopard
Seagate 500GB 7200

Install was a breeze. I start up the computer and all runs fine. I even plugged in my External HD from Time Machine and it recognized it and all of my backups.

The only thing is that when I am prompted to "Select a Destination" where I want to install Mac OS X, there is no options in the box. Shouldn't the Hard drive icon be on there to select where I want to install everything?

In other words, it seems like the drive is not being recognized. I took the HD back out and made sure I installed it correctly. All seemed ok. Any Ideas as to what I should do?

1. I installed the new HD
2. Pushed power
3. Waited for the language selection etc.
4. Got stumped at "select a destination."

Thanks all!

Still no luck, any input?I really want this to work!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
When you boot into OSX from the DVD, look up top for the Tools menu, click on it and on Disk Utility. If the new drive shows up, you need to partition it. Select 1 partition and make sure under options it's set for GUID type partition. Quit Disk Utility. You might have to restart then the new drive should show as an option under destination.

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook Purchased 11/2007 500gbhd, 4G of RAM, Leopard
When you boot into OSX from the DVD, look up top for the Tools menu, click on it and on Disk Utility. If the new drive shows up, you need to partition it. Select 1 partition and make sure under options it's set for GUID type partition. Quit Disk Utility. You might have to restart then the new drive should show as an option under destination.

You are the man! Seems to be working! OS X is installing now! Thanks a ton!:D

All is a go. Thanks a ton for all of the help here, everyone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.