How should i clean my Macbooks screen?

Reaction score
What should i use to clean my Macbooks screen? Thanks in Advance any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Apple - Support - MacBook - Care and Handling

Cleaning Your MacBook Display
Follow these general rules when cleaning the screen.

* Shut down your MacBook, detach the power adapter, and remove the battery.
* Dampen a clean, soft, lint-free cloth or paper with water only and wipe the screen. Do not spray liquid directly on the screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
There are also LED Screen Wipes that you can use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook Purchased 11/2007 500gbhd, 4G of RAM, Leopard
I waxed mine with Collinite paste wax. I only use a damp, clean microfiber towel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Do what you feel comfortable with. I've been using paper towels and windex for 3 years now. I spray it right on the screen and then buff it to a shine.

My method isn't for everyone, but I bought a machine, not some fine china. If this thing can't take some abuse, Apple really needs to stop charging so much. And believe me, it can take some abuse.

I treat my stuff right, but I'm going to use my things. I've bumped, banged, dropped, scratched, spilled, put stickers on it, smoke a pack a day in front of it, my battery hasn't worked in two and a half years, my screen flickers from time to time, my case is cracked, yellowed, my cpu whines, I've installed the os a dozen times and I hardly ever clean it except for the screen from time to time. Great machine. I'll never get rid of it. It's mine, it was cheap enough and I wanted to see what it could take.

Anyway...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Do what you feel comfortable with. I've been using paper towels and windex for 3 years now. I spray it right on the screen and then buff it to a shine.

My method isn't for everyone, but I bought a machine, not some fine china. If this thing can't take some abuse, Apple really needs to stop charging so much. And believe me, it can take some abuse.

I treat my stuff right, but I'm going to use my things. I've bumped, banged, dropped, scratched, spilled, put stickers on it, smoke a pack a day in front of it, my battery hasn't worked in two and a half years, my screen flickers from time to time, my case is cracked, yellowed, my cpu whines, I've installed the os a dozen times and I hardly ever clean it except for the screen from time to time. Great machine. I'll never get rid of it. It's mine, it was cheap enough and I wanted to see what it could take.

Anyway...

Poor computer...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Windex and paper towels on my unibody macbook's screen. It works wonders. Like... gets it REALLY clean. The thing is fine.

I smoke... things... in front of it from time to time, kill random bugs on it (god I hate little fruit flies) and all sorts of random crap that will get a few smudges on it here and there, and those bug the crap out of me. So, I windex and paper towel it, and it looks as good as new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4gb DDR3 unibody, iPhone 3G 16gb, iPod Touch 16gb
thinkin about spraying windex on paper napkin then buffing it to a shine with the microfiber cloth that came with my MBP

Reaction score
i use the windex glass cleaner on bounty paper towel method when it gets really greasy and dirty on my macbook pro (2009). But if it needs a touchup, i'll just soak bounty in hot water, and squeeze out excess and go to town on the screen. I wipe dry afterwards with a clean sheet of bounty. Works really well,

as for normal lcd screen, warm water and paper towel works well, i wouldn't use windex on it though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro unibody 2.26ghz, 4gb ram, 250 gb hard drive
might i suggest the monster screen cleaner? Traditional lcd screens gloss or matte should not be cleaned with windex or any ammonia based liquids because they are abrasive and can scratch... ever seen swirly plexiglass? the monster screen cleaners are what we used to clean all the t.v.'s and monitors at the electronics store i used to work at. Others work well but i like this one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.