Fully bricked iPhone

Reaction score
Okay hi guys!
I bought my brand new iphone 2g model from new york, about week ago. I bought it from local street shop and the indian seller told me that it is unlocked. Okay i flew back to my hometown Finland and started to activate it and all i can see is grey apple logo and thats it. I thought that it would be nice to sync it to itunes, so i red some guides how to restore iphone and stuff like that but the problem is that _every time i try to restore MY PHONE TURNS OFF_! :( Every time i try to restore, use ibrickr, appatapp, everything and in that critical point when Itunes is starting to restore iphone it TURNS OFF. and that sucks!! Im starting to think that my iphone is fully broken and i cant never fix it... So please guys, please I need all ur help! I appreciate ur help!!
In a nutshell my _achievements_ are
1. I can turn on my iphone WHEN it is in USB cable, without USB cable i cannot turn it on
2.I can get grey apple logo and yellow square "please connect to itunes"
3. I can even get my iphone to DFU mode
4. I dont know what is my iphones firmware so its hard to reset, and everytime i try to reset phone goes off and itunes error (1604) comes.

PLEASE HELP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
If it turns on when you have a outside power source then it could be the battery.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ok. But it turns on when i plugit to power supply but not automatic :eek: Should it start automatically?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If the phone is turned off, it is not going to start automatically because you plugged it in. You would have to turn it on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
It sounds like you got scammed. The phone you bought either is broken, or is a cheaply built fake that only shows the apple logo to show how it "turns on." If you are feeling daring, try popping the phone apart to see what is inside. I have a feeling it's a fake.

OP
T
Reaction score
It sounds like you got scammed. The phone you bought either is broken, or is a cheaply built fake that only shows the apple logo to show how it "turns on." If you are feeling daring, try popping the phone apart to see what is inside. I have a feeling it's a fake.

Well all hope is not gone yet right? I mean there is coming that new firmware 3, which may be a new opportunity right?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.