Price Cuts...What can I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Unibody 15.4 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 250 GB HD
Okay so there was that recent Macbook Pro price cut...And I bought mine less than a month ago?

I know this sounds stupid but is there anything I can do?

T

todd51

I can't exactly remember what Apple's policy is on this, someone else might be able to provide you with that information.

I do know how you feel though. I bought a MBP and about 2-3 months later they came out with the new Core 2 Duos (I had a Core Duo) with an increased hard drive and more memory for the same price that I had bought mine. Of course I didn't care about the memory so much because I just bought more and put it in myself, but the bigger hard drive would have been nice along with the processor.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Unibody 15.4 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 250 GB HD
Yeah it's a little lame but I don't mind it because it's forgotten money now...Any money I get back will be a blessing but is it even possible is the question?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Call Apple and see what they say. We can't answer for Apple. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
You can check on it but I am pretty sure you won't get anything back

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
You can check on it but I am pretty sure you won't get anything back

Actually it has happened before. You will be surprised.

Reaction score
Okay so there was that recent Macbook Pro price cut...And I bought mine less than a month ago?

I know this sounds stupid but is there anything I can do?

There is a time limit, but I'm not sure how long it is. I seem to remember it is 14 days, but I am not sure.

Reaction score
I had mine 3 weeks and they gave me a refund last night (less restock fee)
today I went and picked up my new 13" pro at the apple store for less then 32.00 out of pocket and thats with losing 129.90 to restock fee... :D
thanks to the price drop it was a sweet deal for the upgrades

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
I called apple to see if there was anything I could do about my purchase. I purchased a refurbed 2.0 alu macbook on April 8th. Of course, it was way out of their return period, but I thought I would give it a try anyway. The phone rep was INCREDIBLY nice and patient (it helps that I was very kind with him as well!) and talked to his supervisor at length to see if there was anything he could do. In the end, the supervisor said that sometimes they will extend the 14 day return window to one month, so my return would still be one month too much. However, he did offer to let me choose some products from Apple's website or a $100 credit. I opted for $!00 credit and will probably purchase an extra battery to extent my macbooks battery life (to even longer than the new ones!) or will purchase Apple Care. I knew my call was totally not necessary and a wild-shot, and definitely did not even expect a credit. However, it did make me feel a little less frustrated with the sudden price drops and is a great way to keep customers coming back!

Great customer service representatives and great customer care!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
The time limit(14 days) does not have the same meaning when there are price cuts and new machines. If it's less than 1 month, they can still do one or the other. Depending on what exact model you have, it might be a better idea to take the price cut difference than switching to the new models, because you will be charged a 10% restocking fee. Just kindly talk to the store manager and *kindly*, not in a mad mood, show that you are disappointed at how they lowered the price right after you got it. Remember, Apple reps are usually really nice, especially when it comes to store managers. Be kind to them and they will reward you!

Reaction score
I got a full refund for the price difference credited to my card this afternoon. Purchased a refurbished MBP 14 days ago. No questions asked.

Reaction score
does this 14 day policy apply to macbooks bought in India too?
the apple india shows a new macbook white model with upgraded hd and processor at the same price i bought mine....it has been 9 days since i bought my macbook white....
what are the chances of upgrading my macbook to the new version?
or am i eligible for some refund?

Reaction score
Same thing happen to be, did you purchase your macbook at a local store or online? If it's a local store just bring it back for an exchange. They did it for me and I purchased it 3 weeks ago.

Reaction score
I bought my new MacBook on May 1st, so I am out of luck on this one.

However, last year my husband and I both bought iMac computers less than a month before the new line came out. We didn't choose to return them, but we both got a nice refund. It was about $100.00 each if I recall correctly. So they really do want to be reasonable about giving you something.

Some of us just got very unlucky with our timing. I learned something from it though. I will pay closer attention next time, and now that I have an iMac and a MacBook both I will never be forced to purchase a computer right away because one of them goes belly up. I can always get by with the other until a new line comes out.

My next purchase will be within a month of a new line coming out. I won't make this mistake again. It pays to stay abreast of what is happening. I should have known better, and have no one to blame but myself.

Terri

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
I purchased a 13" MacBook on June 2nd and went into the store on Monday June 8th to pickup some RAM for it. The manager offered to exchange my system for a new MBP13 when they come in. Full refund on my MB13 with no restocking fee.

This right here is another reason I love apple. I didn't even know they announced new systems on Monday, I just wanted another 2GB of RAM, and he had no reason to even make the offer. So the Manager Saved me $200 by returning my old MB13 for a $100 cheaper MBP13 with 4GB of RAM.

Find that level of customer service elsewhere?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
That's just fantastic customer service. Seriously, you cannot beat that!

Good for you!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.