Safari keeps crashing...

Reaction score
A few months ago safari was constantly crashing (v 3). Running MBP 15" 10.4osx. So I got the new version and its still crashing. It crash's throught the day and is pretty annoying. Others programs have also crashed and the computer restarts and has some other problems. I'm going to bring it in but wondered maybe someone could tell me the problem.

Attached is the report it spit out

View attachment report.txt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Quite a few areas that could be implicated. But first how long have you had the MBP and when u got it did u upgrade the RAM or was it already set up. When you say crash - what do u see and what do u do to get past that point. Are you running 10.4.11 which is the latest for Tiger.

OP
T
Reaction score
I bought the MBP in Feb 2007 and it was a refurb. So not sure which year it came out.

I upgraded the ram myself over the winter from ram I bought at crucial.com

Haven't had problems with it until the last month though. Among programs crashing:
- about once a week the gray curtain comes down and I have to restart
- when I put it to sleep sometimes it still is running
- When I put it to sleep (especially when i unplug it) it sometimes shuts down

when it crashes the report comes up and it just ask to reopen or close. Sometimes it happens when I open certain webpages. For this specific report it crashed about 4 times in a row when I tried to open that web site again then just stopped and hasn't today yet (but I did get the gray curtain). It's just completely random and doesn't really have any patterns to it.

sometimes these happen daily. Again I'm planning on bringing it into an Apple Store (still have the AppleCare). But I figured to ask first to see if I could pin point it to anything.

Heres more info on it:

Model Name: MacBook Pro 15"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro2,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 3 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP22.00A5.B07
SMC Version: 1.12f5
Serial Number: YD644001W0G
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Sounds to me like the Apple Tech is a good idea - they have more diagnostic gear and it sounds like that is what is needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.