Installing Memory

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White
Hi Guys,

I have an apple iMac 2.4 ghz 20 inch (early 2008) model and I have just bought an extra 1Gb memory for it.

Now comes the part where I dont know how to install the extra memory!!!!!

Can anyone please advise? I would be really really appriciative!

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
And make sure that u dont come back to instal the new memory without touching the iMac first to earth your self. Walking across room can build up your static charge and you dont want to equalize your charge through the RAM chip

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White
ive done this, and installed memory, however when i go "about this mac" it still says 1GB memory, should it not say 2?!

Plus i dont notice any difference in performance on the computer !?

please advise! Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Open the Profiler - Apple menu - hold Option key select Profiler then navigate to memory and note which slot shows memory. Shut down and reverse memory in the 2 slots then restart and recheck to see which slot has memory available. That should give an idea of where your problem is.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White
im going to sound really silly but what is the profiler? or apple menu?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you hold down the option key when selecting this menu the About this Mac becomes Apple Profiler. That in turns gives a number of choices in the left pane one of which is for memory and will show what memory is in which slot which should show up which RAM is not being recognised

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.