iMac faded colors

Reaction score
Hi there,

Did anybody had a problem with faded/washed out colors at the bottom of their imac screens?
I just got a 2 new imacs 20' aluminum for the studio and when I fill screen with one solid color, at the top of the screen it seem to be fine and saturated while at the bottom it's washed out and faded. Difference is really noticeable!

I did a bit of research on the net and it seems to be a common problem and Apple is not doing much about it ? I worked on the white iMacs and haven't seen that before.

Does anyone else have the same problem ?

OP
H
Reaction score
Just checked on web again - all 20' aluminum have it !

It's a joke, that computer suppose to be designed for multimedia !

OP
H
Reaction score
I've just checked on the net. Apparently most of the 20' aluminium have it.

If you create two finder windows and place them one at the top and other at the bottom of your screen and deactivate both of them, you'll see two different shades of grey. They should be exactly the same.

24' screens are fine though, what they say, is that Apple bought cheaper screens for 20'. Very dissapointing for #1 multimedia computer honestly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.