1Tb Corrupt Hardrive issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 15" 2gb RAM 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Proccessor
Hey

I have had my hardrive for nearly 4 months now and currently has 700gb's of files. I recently plugged it back into my computer to find it didnt mount, did not show on desktop, or show in finder. I can see it in Disk utility, this assures me it is not damaged from being dropped or its chords do not work.

I am suspecting a partition map or directory structure has become corrupted in the Hard Drive. I have tried a manual repair but it just replies with.....

.....cking multi-linked files.
Checking Catalog hierarchy.
Checking Extended Attributes file.
Checking volume bitmap.
Checking volume information.
The volume My Backup appears to be OK.

yet it is not. :[

Is there anyway i can repair it on my own computer without Deleting everything on it.???

Cheers :Oops: i am worried :[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
I am not sure if this works but it could be smart to try it at least.
Start up your Mac from the installation DVD and run disk utility from there. You need to press and hold the C button while your Mac starts up so it boots from the DVD.

Maybe something is interfering when you run disk utility when Mac OS X is running as normal. Just a thought ...

Do you have another computer you can try the drive on, just to be sure the problem is not with your computer?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 15" 2gb RAM 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Proccessor
Yea have tried on other Computers but nothing works. is there any software to do it with of the net?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
Ok, too bad :(

Another option you could try is using DiskWarrior: DiskWarrior 4

It have helped some people with problematic drives ..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.