When will be available Mac in Hd?

Reaction score
Hi, I need to buy my self a new Mac, the one that i have is a powerbook G4, the machine is still in very good shape, but i believe is time for her reteirment. Now i have a question before investing,when will become available Mac's with bluray and videocard in Full Hd?,i work in a Full Hd broadcasting company and I really need acomputer with that feature.
Would any of you know the answer to my question?
thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Moved to more appropriate forum.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi, I need to buy my self a new Mac, the one that i have is a powerbook G4, the machine is still in very good shape, but i believe is time for her reteirment. Now i have a question before investing,when will become available Mac's with bluray and videocard in Full Hd?,i work in a Full Hd broadcasting company and I really need acomputer with that feature.

Most Macs have video cards that can display in full HD resolutions. You are correct that none of them currently come with Blu-Ray burners or the codecs necessary to view HDCP-protected content. When asked why, Steve Jobs referred to Blu-Ray support as "a big bag of hurt", so it might be awhile before that's ironed out.

But if you want to burn non-protected media to Blu-Ray, you can always purchase an external burner. Several products like Roxio's Toast can burn to Blu-Ray today with no trouble.

Would any of you know the answer to my question?
thanks.

Unfortunately, you're not going to get a definitive answer to that question here. Only Apple knows for sure, and they are infamous for keeping their product plans a secret.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.