Battery health ? :(

Reaction score
Hi i have a 4 day old white macbook. 2.13 GHz , 160 GB HD , 2 GB RAM.

I noticed the battery was draining quite easily so i downloaded coconut battery and it says
Original battery capacity 5020
Current battery capacity 4655

So its at 92 % health. I think that is quite bad for a 4 day old macbook dont you ?

It also says in coconut battery that my mac is 2 months old

Should i be worried about my battery.

In system profiler it says the health is 'Good'

BTW im a new mac user. It is my first mac

Thanks guys

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hmmm... something isn't quite right there. I would give Apple a ring.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
They will likely want you to calibrate the battery and probably also reset the battery calibration stuff after that. But yes, give Apple a ring.. they just replaced my 14mo old battery because at ~371 cycles it was under 40%.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion
i like that software. it turns out that my battery has improve over that month and a half i have had it which is nice. i think i got lucky with mine, it lasted 7hr 45min after first charge.

i would not trust the age counter either my is telling me my late 2007 macbook is 24464 months old which is 2038.6 years old which every one know is impossible. i don't understand why they would let their software say an age like that.

OP
G
Reaction score
Yeah i did calibrate it. The health hasnt gone up but ive used the laptop for nearly 2 hours now and its at 56 % battery charge and it says 2 : 25 remaining. So roughly thats 4 - 4 : 30 hours im getting out of my battery. I think that is quite normal ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
4 -4.5 hours is completely normal :)

OP
G
Reaction score
Well its charging now i got 3 hours - 3.30 hours out of it before it got to like 20 percent. Hmm. Im still abit worried about its health its only 93 % and its a brand new macbook

Reaction score
some guys would say the way you used, but I think mac's battery is disappointing for me. Register a genius bar with local apple store. for a new mac, it should be changeable.

T

todd51

Batteries are always a little sketchy. I've already had the one in my MBP replaced once and the second one is only about 50-60 charge cycles in and it's at about 82% health. I have calibrated it many times but it never goes up. It has been stuck at this percentage for about the past 10 cycles now. I don't worry about it too much since it sits on the desk most of the time.

OP
G
Reaction score
There is no apple store in my country

Anyways i installed 7 updates and had to leave the house so i told my mother to restart the computer when they finished installing and put it to sleep. When i came back my macbook was plugged in charging. I checked the battery and its health is now 100 % and a better capacity than its original.

Im confused ? :eek:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.