AT&T SUCKS (iphone upgrade info)

Reaction score
Ok so I called AT&T just a few minutes ago and was asking about the upgrade to the new I phone and I was informed that I could do an early upgrade but the price would be $100 dollars more then if I waited till July 12th then it would be $100 dollars less. Mind you I bought the 1st Iphone the day it came out the 2nd phone on the day it came out and now I am getting screwed by At&t to have to wait a year and two weeks to upgrade to the next i phone not cool not cool at all. Nice to see they reward costumer loyalty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.5 GHz PowerPC G4 512Ram
I had this same problem but from what I was told this is a restriction that was put into effect by apple not ATT. THeywould let me early upgrade to any other phone for the regular price just not the iphone. Hope this helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hold on, the release date of the next iPhone hasn't even been finalized yet. For all we know, it could very well be July 12, in which case you'll be able to upgrade just like you did last year.

Don't start complaining yet, wait until we have an actual date for the phone's release.

OP
G
Reaction score
I can say At&t is much more prepared this time for the next phone compared to last year they were in a cloud. Sean thanks for the info Shame on apple for this too then. for us who have bought the 1st gen for full price to and then to be insulted like this is crazy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Ok so I called AT&T just a few minutes ago and was asking about the upgrade to the new I phone and I was informed that I could do an early upgrade but the price would be $100 dollars more then if I waited till July 12th then it would be $100 dollars less. Mind you I bought the 1st Iphone the day it came out the 2nd phone on the day it came out and now I am getting screwed by At&t to have to wait a year and two weeks to upgrade to the next i phone not cool not cool at all. Nice to see they reward costumer loyalty.

The first iPhone wasn't subsidized, so there was no need to make you commit to a certain period of your contract before being eligible for a phone upgrade. Since the second one was subsidized, they have to hold you to your contract for a period of time to make back the subsidized value, or you pay a penalty. This is how it works everywhere else.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Then you apparently know more than everyone else. No date has been set for any iPhone update assuming one is even coming. All speculation about new iPhones is just that - speculation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nope it is the 27th form At&T

I'm guessing you got this info from some low level AT&T employee? If so, then that's rather presumptuous on his/her part as neither Apple nor AT&T has, in any official capacity, announced any date, let alone whether there will even be a phone coming out. The only thing we know for certain is that 3.0 is coming out in early July. Whether that's accompanied by a phone, nobody really knows.

OP
G
Reaction score
Check out the NY post they have a whole article on the new I phone 3rd gen I am sure its true if they have it in a news paper IPHONE 3.0 PUSHES VIDEO - New York Post
As for the date I agree that it is not posted in print any where but it seems to be about the same time they released it last year

OP
G
Reaction score
Please take this as stated I am only going off what a At&t rep said and what is in this Sundays NY Post. By no means I am not spreading (knowingly) false info. We all know all will be told tomorrow do to apples past events. But I do recall getting 2.0 a night before apple released it so there is hope that some info is true.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As for the date I agree that it is not posted in print any where but it seems to be about the same time they released it last year

Then your righteous indignation is rather silly, don't you think?

OP
G
Reaction score
No being it was said form a At&t rep and now you have another member of this forum stating the they too were informed by a rep that there is a two tier price plan for upgrades based on dates so as for silly I would ask you to rethink that question being that statement supports a release date and an expected follow up date for iphone users that are in contract to purchase the new phone at a discount on a later date.
and Wow go you pulling SAT words out
righteous indignation
perhaps you should stick to judging yourself.Kinda Silly to do other wise dont your think

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was referring to how angry you got in your initial post when we've come to the conclusion that your anger is solely based on some rumors rather than hard data. If Apple had directly announced what you're getting at, then I could understand your frustration. However, all we have to base this on are a few low level employees and lots of rumors and speculation. Hence why I figure that it's a tad bit presumptuous for you to express such a high level of anger without there being much cause for it.

Even if it turns out that Apple and AT&T end up doing exactly what all these rumors are speculating that they will do, then indignation at that time is justified. Getting mad at rumors is indeed silly, and everyone else will agree with me on that point.

I took the SATs seven years ago. Took the LSAT two years ago. I'm currently in law school. Big words are now an integral element to my vernacular ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
You lost me Kash with your big words...I give up. :)

OP
G
Reaction score
Well I wish you the best in Law. I work in it myself.
As for my anger... I would say frustrated is a better word but when told At&t has a two tier price plan in place based on dates is data and factual. dail 611 and find out for yourself it is verified that another user called and was told they can update to any other phone but the iphone he or she would have to wait till the 12th. even the moderator has moved this thread to the Iphone thread so it must be more then Rumors I thought it would fit in new news/ rumors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Maybe they are simply out of unused iPhones. As it is, they are having a fire sale on refurbished ones. These are all signs that new ones are imminent. Can't upgrade you if they don't have anything in stock to upgrade you with right now.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Regardless, you're currently 14 hours away from knowing what's going on for sure. A little patience and I'm sure things will be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Regardless, you're currently 14 hours away from knowing what's going on for sure. A little patience and I'm sure things will be fine.

14 loooong hours!

OP
G
Reaction score
this is true but honestly it is not about the wait or what is in the phone the only thing I am getting at is pricing issue, better yet that is my issue LOL.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.