Can't get Internet in Windows via Boot Camp

Reaction score
Hi everyone, New here,

So I got windows on my mac recently (after much failing and ripping out of hair) and I can't get internet to work on it. I have a wireless connection and there is just an error and it won't even let me enter the wireless password.

The weird thing is it worked perfectly the first time at my bro's house but now back at my house it refuses to. I have deleted all traces of his connection on the comp (I think.)

Please help,

Brad,

OP
B
Reaction score
It says:

"Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. It may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of networks and try again."

I have already done this countless times...

M

MacInWin

It would be useful if you would say what you've tried, other than ripping out your hair, to solve the problem and what the results were for each attempt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.53GHz, 4GB, Snow Leopard + iPhone 3G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.53GHz, 4GB, Snow Leopard + iPhone 3G
if its urgernt, connect wired untill you work out how to make vista work. Good luck though ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
It sounds like your Computer is still looking for the connection it had at your Brothers' house.

I would check again to make sure all the references to your Brothers' router have been deleted.

OP
B
Reaction score
ah thanks gandalph, He's a computer technician so he'll probably work it out =P

By the way, it's XP Professional, not vista.

Reaction score
It seems like windows is trying to automatically connect to your brother's connection as a "preferred connection". I would disable automatic connect, then set up a new connection to your wireless router through the network settings in windows. Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.