Mew MBP hard drive

Reaction score
So MacMall has a new offering for a 2.4 15" MBP that has 4 gigs ram and a 7200 rpm hd for $200 over base price.

Couldn't get the cache info on the hd or who makes it. Wondering if anyone would have access to that info.... Put it another way I know one could get a base model and upgrade myself but it would cost just about the same. Rather have them do it and be done with it. Just don't know if a factory 7200 drive would be worth it for DAW purposes if cache is not large enough and or is it a noisy drive etc.... From what I understand the cache is even more important than the rpm speed. Am I wrong? And I know that having an external drive would best for large projects and all, but I also know that much can be done without an external as well. I will be using a ULN-2 +dsp with the Mac.

I know how much we like to tweak stuff with "the best" gear.... Just wondering if apple has the "right stuff" out of the box.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Moved to Hardware forums

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why don't you call a sales rep at Mac Mall and ask? I'm sure they'll be happy to tell you which make and model hard drive they install. Then you can look it up yourself and find out how large the cache is.

Regards.

OP
T
Reaction score
Well I did email them and this is what was replied:

I checked the specs! I can’t find the cache on the disc.

So basically the rep looked at the info online as I already did..... Didn't even bother to check with the tech dept..... Oh well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
MacMall - my guess - the call takers are on commission, so customer interests come second, if at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.