Mail automatically starts up when the system boots up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 2.8GHz, 13-inch MacBook 2.4GHz, iPhone 4
So my wife has had a Macbook for the past couple of months, and recently she has complained that when she turns on her Mac the system automatically launches Mail. This really bugs her, I do not know what setting she put on there but any help to change that setting so Mail does not launch during startup would be appreciated. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Have a look in " System Preferences -> Accounts "
and then check the " Login Items " for her account.

Maybe the mail application is launched automatically from there.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
It is possible, as well, that if she has set up a number of iCal alarms with email notifications, that iCal starts up Mail to send the notifications.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It is possible, as well, that if she has set up a number of iCal alarms with email notifications, that iCal starts up Mail to send the notifications.
This is very possible and bothered me for weeks until I figured out that iCal was trying to send reminders to me. Does she have iCal set to email reminders?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.