Voice Recording & Pages delete templates

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Newcomer
Two questions:
I want to record my voice to add a sound file in a FotoMagico program. What is the best way to do it on a Mac?

I have looked at the Audio Recorder Application and when I try to use it, it says the Lame Library is not installed. I can't find anything about the Lame Library in my manuals - what is it and how do I install it?

Also ... I want to erase some templates that I no longer use for Pages and can't find a way to do it.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Wayner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White - 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo - 4GB RAM - 120GB HDD - GeForce 9400M - OS X 10.5.7
I can answer your second question

Open your applications folder, cmd+click Pages and click 'Show Package Contents'
Then go to Contents>Resources>Templates. Then delete any that you don't need
Hope this helps :)

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Newcomer
Hi brendonrush ...
Thanks for your quick reply. I found the templates folder but it doesn't list the "My Templates"folder. I want to delete my templates that are no longer relevant.
Wayner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White - 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo - 4GB RAM - 120GB HDD - GeForce 9400M - OS X 10.5.7
So you are trying to delete templates you have made personally?

I havent done this before so created a new template and found where they are stored
Ive attached a screenshot of the file path so you can see where they are stored and go from there :)

note: where it says 'brendon' in the file path will be your home folder

Picture 1.png

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Newcomer
One frustration out of the way. Thanks Brendon for your time. I now have a better idea of where to look when I have other problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No worries :)
and about the voice recording, have you tried using GarageBand?
It comes as standard on macs, and you can record using the built in mic and save it as a variety of formats, so thats worth a try!

Welcome to the forums by the way
if you found my posts helpful use the reputation system (the little tick and cross symbol under my username :D)

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Newcomer
Yes ... I tried it but there's too much there for my simple needs.

I'll just keep looking. :\

Reaction score
Hi, I too was having problem erasing Pages' templates (it was really annoying), and this was the only place I could find the answer.
Thanks so, so much Brendon!

Reaction score
Thank you very much, brendonrush... I have no idea why Apple doesn't make it more accessible for users, like maybe an "X" next to Templates?
Anyways, thanks a lot!

Reaction score
Thanks!!

I just got a mac and i created a template for grad school but i forgot some things and had created another one with the corrections...which left me to wonder how i delete it..thanks for the help...this was the only place i could find it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.