iBook G4 schitzo

• Thread starter fiftythreecents
  • Start date
F

fiftythreecents

I have had my iBook since August 04. Shortly after (about Oct.) the screen started doing crazy things. The backlight on the LCD would go out. It even had the lines once that indicate the logic board was the culprit. While I was arranging to get it diagnosed, it cleared up and hasn't done it since. Yesterday I started up and the trackpad didn't work. I did all the systems reseting (pram, firmware, power management) to confirm it was hardware. I took it in and it is in line to be fixed. After that, the trackpad started to work, barely. It was eratic and not that sensitive. This morning it is working great like before it stopped. I am getting annoyed calling Apple. What could i do to find out the problem? Could it be the Logic board? (as it is the only thing in common ?) It's the new gen of iBooks, so the logic board problems are suppose to be fixed, and it is not in the recall.
The problems could be indiependant of each other, but what would explain how the problems just go away?
thanks.

Reaction score
fiftythreecents said:
I have had my iBook since August 04. Shortly after (about Oct.) the screen started doing crazy things. The backlight on the LCD would go out. It even had the lines once that indicate the logic board was the culprit. While I was arranging to get it diagnosed, it cleared up and hasn't done it since. Yesterday I started up and the trackpad didn't work. I did all the systems reseting (pram, firmware, power management) to confirm it was hardware. I took it in and it is in line to be fixed. After that, the trackpad started to work, barely. It was eratic and not that sensitive. This morning it is working great like before it stopped. I am getting annoyed calling Apple. What could i do to find out the problem? Could it be the Logic board? (as it is the only thing in common ?) It's the new gen of iBooks, so the logic board problems are suppose to be fixed, and it is not in the recall.
The problems could be indiependant of each other, but what would explain how the problems just go away?
thanks.
Backup all your important dox and do reload from the discs that came with it. Use it for a while and see if the problems re-occur. Unfortunately, intermittent problems are the worst to diagnose. You really have to have a baseline to start from. Just my opinion, but I've fixed many intermittent problems before by starting from the beginning.

ed724

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.