• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Cheaper iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion
i think it is fake because there 5 typos all the same "per cent" it should be "%" or "percent" if it was real it should have been proof read many times before posted, but we will see on monday i guess.

Ok New finds makes it more believable:
WWDC 2009: What will Apple do? | Apple - CNET News

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't know where FT.com originates, but I'm pretty sure "pre cent" is an acceptable way of writing percent in the UK, Australia, and other countries who's grammar is very similar as opposed to U.S. English.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
I'm pretty sure "pre cent" is an acceptable way of writing percent in the UK, Australia, and other countries who's grammar is very similar as opposed to U.S. English.

I'm not quite sure...I've lived in the UK for all my life and never heard that. It's always been percent here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I dont think spelling and grammar makes it fake or not. ;)

vxd

Reaction score
USAGE Both spellings, percent and per cent, are acceptable, but consistency should be maintained. Percent is more common in U.S. usage; per cent is more common in British usage.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I dont think spelling and grammar makes it fake or not. ;)
Does detract from any credibility though ;).

Cheaper iPhone? Maybe but I can safely assume that if this is the case, it would be much like a crippled iPhone, best for those who just want to be able to say that they own an iPhone. It will either lack wifi, not include the App Store or have reduced capacity. It could also have some horrible combination of all three.

fleurya, the site is hosted in the UK but this doesn't mean that the writers are English of course.

Reaction score
I don't see any version of the iPhone lacking the App store.

Lacking Wi-Fi, it's be a good possibility. Less capacity? Maybe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.