Netgear powerline adaptor and iMac G3

Reaction score
Hello all!
I was gifted a grape iMac G3 and have upgraded it to OS 10.3. Anyway, I have hit a road block when it comes to getting online. It is upstairs, and no ethernet cable reaches it. I also don't have an airport card. I have this netgear xa602 powerline adapter (the house it set up with a powerline system rather than WiFi). I know this isn't supposed to work with a Mac, and I am attempting to find one of the ethernet adaptors for this system, but is there any way I can get the computer to recognize the USB port that the powerline adaptor is plugged into as an internet connection? When looking up this subject, it appears that the USB port is incredibly slow on an old iMac, so it may not even be worth bothering trying to get this to work.
Any help would be appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Am a bit rusty on G3 iMacs but feel sure the 500s and later have an ethernet socket and 10/100 Base-T. Can u not plug into the powerline adaptor via ethernet?

OP
E
Reaction score
Am a bit rusty on G3 iMacs but feel sure the 500s and later have an ethernet socket and 10/100 Base-T. Can u not plug into the powerline adaptor via ethernet?

Yes, I should be able to, but I have to find someone selling a single Netgear ethernet adaptor. The one I have on hand that came with our set is a USB only one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Bummer - go for the ethernet - it will be good enough for children but not for interactive online games where winning is paramount.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.