Samsung network printer setup

Reaction score
Hello everyone...

Well just brought a Samsung SCX 4826 but cannot seem to connect it to my network. The samsung comes built with a network card. I assumed that I simply hooked it up to my Airport extreme dual band (like I did in the brother printer I had before) and bang. Nope nothing. How do I start. The documentation sucks and I am confused.

Once I connect it to the airport anyone in my network should be able to use it no? We have macs and pc coexisting in this household.

Someone help. I already installed the software but no good. Don't know if its a driver issue, software issue, or airport issue.

John

OP
D
Reaction score
Hello everyone...

Well just brought a Samsung SCX 4826 but cannot seem to connect it to my network. Finally got it working on the network but cannot seem to scan via network or scan to email to work from the actual scanner. I do not know what's going on. Everytime I hit scan on the printer and it gives me a list of computer, I can only see my pc laptop (which after choosing says it doesn't work) but not my mac laptop. Don't know what's the deal. Like the printer but support kinda spotty.

Anyone have any advice?

John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Go into Menu, Network Setup, and TCP/IP. It should tell you what IP it is. The doc disk should have decent doc on how to set it up, it's not covered by the quickstart guide.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.